Saturday, February 9, 2008

Now We're Ready!

Today we had our fifth and final baby shower! We are so incredibly blessed with friends, co workers and a church family who were willing to put the time, energy and finances into baby showers for us! Clark and I are truly humbled and appreciative of our friends and family. These pictures are from our baby shower today in Thousand Oaks. It was a mixture of people from various areas of our life but everyone seemed to blend quite well and had a great time. It was a classy day, a tea party! Hosted by Katy, my dear friend from college. She put so much effort into the shower and it seemed to be well worth it to me! Tons of food, fun and friends. This picture below is of me and Clark's Grandma Collins. She made this quilt for us! It is absolutely beautiful and even the stitching around the edges is in the shape of whales, rabbits and doves. She worked very hard on this and it will be meaningful to our family forever.
Here are the grandmas! Clark's mom is on the left in red and my mom is on the right in tan. We know they are both excited for the new grandson. This baby is very blessed with so many grandparents who love him already!
Our lovely hostesses: Stacy, Katy, (me), Kathy aka Coco, and Ann-Marie. We are finally ready now. We can have the baby! I go back to the doctor Monday and I'm hoping that will be the day. I'm ready to not be pregnant and if my health is borderline at risk, it seems it would be okay to just have the baby! I don't want the baby on Valentine's Day and it is tough to be on bed rest. But of course, his health is the most important thing, followed by my health and so I won't do anything my doc doesn't advise me to do! Please keep us three in your prayers, specifically my blood pressure, swelling, delivery, possible C-section and a healthy baby. We are excited and we hope all our friends will visit us and meet him soon.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Meagan said...

The Blocks are praying and can't wait to see that beautiful baby boy!


Dinner with Tracey and Amber