Monday, February 18, 2008

CAB is here!!!!!!

Colton Alaka'i Barnett was born Friday, February 15th at 1:09pm. He was 7 lbs 7oz and 20 1/4 inches long. Alaka'i is Hawaiian and it means "leader". Colton's grandpa (my dad) picked that name but did not know we were going to use it until he was born! Colton seems to be a very cute, sweet-cheeked little guy. He has a bit of jaundice and had to be kept under lights all day Sunday before going home Sunday night. He may still need lights but we are waiting for more info from the doc. This is me and Colt's first picture. Despite the pain (yes, ladies, there is a great deal of pain regardless of the meds) I was overjoyed and actually in a bit of shock that I was a mom! Can you beleive it can happen like that - one second you are in labor and its all about you - next second it is all about you beautiful baby boy (or girl, make the story your own). Colton has a squeak in his voice when he cries but doc says he has a narrow trachea and it should develop more on its own. But Clark and I definitely agree that the squeak is adorable.

Amazingly enough we didn't have very many close up pics of Colton on our camera with his eyes open. This is the one where he has goopy stuff in his eyes that they gave him after birth. Oh, he's so cute!
Okay, not my best moment but I promise I wasn't using drugs. This is just the only picture of our little family of 3 and I wanted to share it with you all. Colton was induced because I had mild preeclampsia and so I had to have magnesium sulfate in my IV which makes you feel like you have been hit by a truck (or you have a really bad hangover). I'm going to post another cutie pie picture in the next post so look up!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww he is just precious and i love his first & middle name- i'm soooo excited for you both, Tam & Clark! I loved getting the photo text on Friday, it just MADE MY DAY! i can't wait to see more pics and Tam... get lots of rest (when you can) and i can't wait to see your family of 3 soon!
Love you xoxo
Beck

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the three of you---it was a tough job regardless which role you had. And, he missed Valentine's day---already a mom pleaser. Love and best wishes, Roxanne Tallon

Meagan said...

Wooohooooo! Congrats to you all!

He is beautiful and we couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy every moment. :)

Kari and Randy Adopt said...

I like all three names! And wow he looks like FAMILY. Nice to be related to such a handsome young man.

Colton, when you're feeling up to it and want to hang out, your buddy Seth can show you the ropes. Seth is especially accomplished at burping if you need any pointers.

Can't wait to meet you in person. Sincerely, Councle Randy.

Tiffany said...

Ditto Becky - I cried when I got Clark's text! He is SO adorable, but then again, I knew he would be. How could he not?

I love you guys, and miss you so much, and can't wait to come see all 3 of you!!!!

fabricsnob said...

Tami and Clark--
Congratulations- I'm so happy for you!
Thanks for posting photos. It's wonderful to see you all even if it's just in pictures.
Welcome to your new little one. God bless your family.

Anonymous said...

Tami and Clark,

Colton is the cutest! Congrats on this great addition to the world. We'll continue to pray for you as you're getting adjusted to the new "normal". Love you,
Sue (and Todd)

Janea said...

Hello Tami and Clark,
See what happens when you Google someone..lol. I am so happy for you guys. By the way this is Janea, remember me? Colton is adorable he looks like both of you guys. I gave birth to my lil Jacob on February 8th. A whole 6 weeks early, he is good, still in the NICU but on his way home soon. I am so glad that God blessed you with a strong and healthy baby boy. Enjoy him and the fun of being new parents. All of our love and Best wishes, Janea, Byron, Isaac , Aaliyah, Daniel and Jacob...I have a my space just look up Janea Washington and please e -mail me back I would love to talk to you. It's been too long and I miss you Tami, you have a special place in my heart both you and Clark and I would love to see you guys again.


Dinner with Tracey and Amber