Sunday, February 3, 2008

Doc says he's coming soon!

So I went to the doctor a week ago Friday and he said that he is concerned about all the swelling I have been having in my feet, hands and face. Yes, that's right, it's not ALL fat! I can't fit any shoes, my ankles are as big as my calves. Actually, I'm swollen all the way up to my thighs (at least that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!) So my ever-so-eloquent-and-sensitive doctor says the next step is "preeclampsia and then you die". I told him I didn't want to die so please do whatever it takes to avoid this. He says he will monitor me and he will likely induce the baby early. So my due date is Feb. 29th but it looks like I will not make it that far. Right now I'm 36.5 weeks along. Usually preeclampsia (aka pregnancy-induced hypertension) comes with high blood pressure. So far my blood pressure has been perfect, however, this weekend Clark has been checking it and it has gone way up. My next appointment is tomorrow (2/4 Monday) at 11am. We'll see what the doctor orders. He may just set me up with bedrest (what the heck? What is that?) There are still quite a few things we do not have for this kid but I guess the Lord will provide as needed.
For those of you who know me even a little know that I would prefer for Baby CAB to send me an email with his plans for arrival. I'd like a short itinerary with when contractions will begin and the items I should be checking off my infamous "To Do List". If he would only do this for me, I could sleep a little easier, well maybe not but my mind would be more at peace. That being said, Clark and I are very excited and nervous. I'm still ready to not be pregnant, even more now than ever! I actually WANT to exercise (I'm sure that desire will last until I am able to exercise and then it will quickly fade). So keep checking this blog because it seems there may be a new development after tomorrow (how's that for a teaser?) I appreciate all your prayers for a safe delivery. I'm really not afraid of labor and delivery. I trust that my body was made for that. I'm more scared of the unknown and of actually having the responsibility of a little one. I'll keep you posted!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

April Spicer said...

Hang in there Tam. I'm so excited to see little CAB. The Lord's timing is perfect so rest in that. I'm anxious to hear what your doc says tomorrow so definitely post something. Love you girl!

Meagan said...

Hang in there girl! You are in the homestretch!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you are probably in the hospital having the baby tonight or tomorrow, so I will be praying for you!!! I had pre-eclampsia with Elias and he was three weeks early-the stinker!!! God does provide and He will get you through. God bless you in these new days a comin!

Katie Magos


Dinner with Tracey and Amber