Monday, April 14, 2008

Praise!

Dear Friends,
Your prayers were answered!!! Thank you so much for remembering our boy in your prayers this week. He gained a ton! Well not a ton but he gained almost four times what he needed to. God is good! Our doctor joked that he was "obese". The barium X-ray showed no abnormalities. I was so proud of Colton when he got the barium X-ray last Friday. He only cried once when the technician ripped her velcro apron off! He had to lay on that hard surface for a long time with nothing but a diaper and a thin pillow case on. At one point he had to drink the barium while lying on his stomach! He never even peeped! The radiologist did remark that he thought something was wrong with the bottle because he wasn't getting the barium and he was only getting air. I assured him it wasn't the bottle but it was our boy - hence the need for his services...Anyway, Colton did not seem any worse for the wear. My mom was in town visiting. It was a huge help to have her here for support. She loves her grandson!
So today was a success. Colton weighed in at 8lbs13.75oz. That is a 7.75oz gain in only 4 days. We know that it is because of your prayers so thank you. We will go back next Tuesday to make sure he's still gaining. If he is, the doctor will give him his immunizations. We'll keep you posted.
Here is a picture of Clark and Colton hanging out on our patio - I love these guys!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad little Colt is doing so well. We will continue to pray that he keeps on this path. If we can be of any help please call us.

Love,
Mario,Deanna,and Brynn

Anonymous said...

Tami-

We too have been praying all weekend...so glad to hear the good news.

amber woodward

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad. And it was sooo good to talk yesterday. All in all, sounds like we've both had a great improvement!

Tracey Clem said...

Tami, that is fantastic news!!! I am so thankful that Colt is packing on the pounds! :) We will keep praying, as I know this weight fluctuation has been an emotional roller coaster for you and Clark.

We are thanking God for his faithfulness, and for your sweet little guy.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

We will praise the Lord and keep praying. I got you blog address from Kari today. I was so excited to see the good news.

We took your prayer request with us when we visited at West Chicago Sunday (as well as it being in our own bulletin and sent to two prayer chains).

"Blessed be the Lord! for he has heard the voice of my supplication. The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him." Ps. 28:6-7.
Love,
Nova and George

Anonymous said...

Tammy and Clark---great news. So glad to hear it. Colton looks so much like Clark! Praise God for keeping you three in His care.
Roxanne Tallon

Kari and Randy Adopt said...

Glad that there is good news. Thanks for keeping us updated. And I LOVE the pictures. -Randy


Dinner with Tracey and Amber