Friday, October 17, 2008

Big Boy Colton!

I can't believe Colton is 8 months old! My boy is growing up. I'm actually glad he is growing up and I don't miss the younger stuff so far. I love him more and more every day. I can't wait til he is old enough to talk and say funny things and say "I love you, mom." This is one of his newest faces. I think he is chewing on his lips b/c he is teething. Yes, folks, he has been teething for about 14 years and no teeth yet. They say the teeth are stronger the longer it takes for them to come in. While I don't usually believe in that stuff, I hope its true!

This is my boy playing with his stuffed animals in his crib. I kept looking at this pic and thinking the crib looked white! Then I realized it is the wall b/c the crib is brown. Weird, huh? Anyway, it just goes to show you how you can see things differently depending on your perspective. That's what my dad always says.

This one is for Teta! You know why, girl...but I don't think he is lying about anything....but he was probably up to no good. This was him trying to crawl. Still not crawling yet but he did scoot around backwards for a few miles (feet). Did I already blog that he says "mama"? Well really he says "Ama" when he is crying and need something. But he will face Clark and say "dadadadada" and then face me and say "mamamama" so I think he might be getting it.

Just a cute b'day suit pic. I love that smile. I think it is a smile that makes the whole world smile! SMILE, darn it!
Okay so now an update on Tami. "Who's Tami?" you ask? Well, the girl who once used to blog here until she had a kid and now its all about him of course. Anyway, many new developments. I have quit all jobs and I am starting my own law firm. I will be practicing adoption law, juvenile dependency (foster care stuff) law, I'll do legal guardianships, estate planning and some family law (special cases only). I'm just getting started and I have no paying clients yet. I know the Lord is faithful and He is literally providing for our daily bread. That is amazing to see. Sometimes when the money comes in regularly and you are pretty comfortable, it is tough to see God's provision. Take all that away and God's provision is clear. I'm thankful that I get to see that.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kari and Randy Adopt said...

It's definitely the smile. We're excited to see how well your new firm will do. Please take that pen out of your pocket. Everything sounds muffled in there.

capnwatsisname said...

Hey, that sounds like a fantastic idea - I hope it feels like one. If I ever know anyone looking for somebody in your area, you'd be the first person I'd call.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tam! I LOVE these photos of Colt- he is sooo darn cute! I still have the photos of him & you guys in my phone from when you visited, they make me smile and have esp. needed that lately : )

When are you guys coming down here again? I hope we can meet up next time, miss you and love you lots! I'm very excited that you are starting up your own firm, I have faith in you girl & you will do excellent things! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new law firm! I am really excited for you! I just love the pictures of Colton. I really wish I could hold him...maybe when Cliff and Tali return to CA, I can come out to visit and see you guys too. :) -Carah


Dinner with Tracey and Amber