Thursday, December 11, 2008

Catching Up

Here are four generations of Barnett men. We took this picture at Lake San Antonio where we go every year with the Barnett extended fam to celebrate Thanksgiving and Clark and his dad's birthday. Clark and Clay share a birthday which is pretty special. I tried to have Colton share the day too but my February due date was just a bit too far from November! This picture looks like one person at four different stages of life! They are all identical and it is hilarious. My dad and I thought our genes were strong, um not quite! Barnett genes are supermanish (hence, Clark "Kent" Barnett).
Our little man is almost 10 months old!! (9 months in this picture though) He is really growing up and we are loving every minute of it. I do not have much sadness for the teeny baby he once was. I don't know if something is wrong with me as a mother because all the other mommies say how much they miss the previous stages and don't want their kids to grow up. I love that he is growing up! I love watching him learn new things and become more independent. I love that he doesn't need me to take him from point A to point B (because he will crawl there or walk holding onto things!) I guess some day there will come a time where he actually pushes me away - that I am NOT looking forward to. But any other stage where my boy can become a "big boy" makes me proud and joyful. I love him more every day.
The Barnett Family in Palm Springs. We were there with my dad, stepmom and sisters' families to celebrate Thanksgiving. While we were there we had a professional photographer take some pics of the entire family. This is a copycat taken by my brother-in-law. Colton looks really excited, doesn't he? Clark is whispering something amusing in his ear to get him to smile - very sweet! No doubt he is telling a knock-knock joke. Colton LOVES knock-knock jokes but just for the knock-knock part. We never get to the punchline! He's an easy laugh!
Old man Colton. So many people tell us that he looks like an old man. They say that all he needs are some wire-rimmed glasses and he could pose as an accountant. He's not THAT boring! (Just kidding to my accountant friends). Anyway, here he is in his too big pants that we pulled waaaay up. Go Pepperdine too!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kari and Randy Adopt said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute. :-)


Dinner with Tracey and Amber