Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tyler's B'day

So last weekend I had the delight of spending one night with my sister, Traci and my niece, Tyler, and four of her little friends to celebrate Tyler's 13th birthday! First of all, I can't believe I have a niece who is a teenager. And I can't believe my sister has a daughter who is a teenager - I remember when SHE was a teenager. It's just so weird. And Tyler is a really cool kid, like we could hang out and it would be totally fine, like hanging with a friend.

So my sister, being the ultra-hip mom that she is, planned a scavenger hunt on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for the occasion. We stayed overnight (slumber party!) at a condo that they own in downtown LA. Let me tell you, these girls were so fun. They were up for anything, very outgoing. They ran all over Hollywood Blvd looking for various items, stars, painting their lips Marilyn Monroe red and their nails purple, taking pictures with perfect strangers and just having a generally outrageously good time. They even glued a quarter to the ground and watched people try to pick it up - how funny! Another thing that made it cool was that the Academy Awards were the next night (Go "The Departed"!) and so there were some famouses about (as my buddy, Sue, would say). We saw Lisa Ling and Roeper (as in Ebert and-) Tyler got interviewed on MTV! What a fun time we had. So Happy Birthday, Tyler, and thanks for inviting your old aunt to join you!

Dinner with Tracey and Amber