Sunday, January 20, 2008

Setting up CAB's crib!

We picked up our crib this week! Clark's co-workers generously pitched in and bought it for us, along with several other great gifts. Clark did a great job putting it together - he even read the directions! Now that we have the crib in the baby's room, we feel like this is really happening! Clark is generously giving up his surfboard/golf club room for the baby...
Me and the crib all set up. My coworkers have a pool going as to when I'm going to deliver. Almost no one thinks I'll make it to my due date. I hope I make it because Leap Day is such a cool and special birthday to have. But I have to admit, it would be nice to not be pregnant anymore. I miss such interesting things as shaving my legs, feeling my hands (they're too swollen and I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel), running (not that I did much before but now I wish I could), wearing a belt, going to the hot tub, wearing cute shoes (my Shrek feet don't fit) and not having to shade blush on my cheeks to make it look like I have cheekbones! There's more but it would probably be a bit personal to go there :) Anyway, I'm not sure I'm ready to be a mommy, but I am ready to not be pregnant. Don't get me wrong, pregnancy has been incredible and I'm so blessed to have this journey to reflect on. I would not change one second of it!
Okay, I'll try to write about something other than baby soon. I don't mean to be obnoxious about it but I have to admit that it is mostly what is going on in my life!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Tam you look so adorable! It was soooo GREAT to see you last weekend- long overdue. I left you a message earlier this evening, hopefully we can get a hold of each other soon

Oh, and my bet? That baby is coming out in the next 2 weeks- max!
Love you
xoxo

Holly said...

Sounds like you're ready, Tami. When the desire to get that little one OUT is stronger than fears and worries about the process of labor and delivery, it's time! You look great!! We're praying for the 3 of you!

Tracey Clem said...

Sister, I COMPLETELY understand!!! It's all those little nothing, every day, meaningless little things you either can't do, or can't do comfortably that make you want to scream! Who knew pregnancy (particularly the end of pregnany) could be so frustrating.

I am totally with you...not sure I'm ready to be a mommy, but QUITE sure I'm ready to no longer be pregnant.

You look absolutely fantastic!! Hang in there, girl!

Love you!!

capnwatsisname said...

Crib looks great. We're ready when you are.

Cliff and Tali said...

Tami! I hope that baby comes soon! I can remember those last couple weeks. We are praying that for a safe delivery for CAB. Can't wait to see pictures!


Dinner with Tracey and Amber