Sunday, June 10, 2007

Vegas, Baby!

Clark and I went to Las Vegas this week to visit my dad and stepmother. They flew all the way from Hawaii but did not come to LA or San Diego to see their daughters, no - they went to Las Vegas! Of course they did, Hawaiians are crazy for Vegas. But luckily we had the chance to go meet them and spend some of my dad's hard-earned cash in the slot machines! This picture above is me and my best friend from high school, Adrianne. We were inseparable in high school but we haven't seen each other since. A lot of life has happened in between but now she lives in Vegas and we were able to meet up for brunch. She looked great - exactly the same as high school! We had such a great time at brunch and I was able to meet her adorable children too! I hope this is the beginning of more visits with her.


This picture is Clark, me, Beth (stepmom) and Dad. We were in front of the Hilton Showroom waiting to see Barry Manilow in concert. He was absolutely amazing! He is such a class act. Really connected with his audience and band and put on a great show. I highly recommend his concert to anyone because we all know the songs - after all, he writes the ... "Songs that Make the Whole World Sing"!

Music and Passion was the title of his concert and it was very fitting. Even at his age, he was spry and active and really worked the stage. You could tell he was completely passionate about music. And he sounded amazing - his voice was strong and steady. No lip syncing like today's entertainers :)

Clark and I at the concert. My dad about had a heart attack that I wasn't more covered - sorry, dad!

Me and my daddy at the concert.

Dad and Beth

Mr. Manilow shaking his groove thing - he really did shake it! He definitely made me a "Fanilow".

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tracey Clem said...

Tam, you look so great! As they say in "The Producers", "If you've got it...flaunt it!" :) How are you feeling?

Bit of Fanilow trivia for you...did you know that Barry Manilow actually didn't write the song "I Write the Songs...". I learned that last weekend playing Trivial Pursuit! Who knew it would come in so handy! :) Ha!

Love you, girl!
T

Welcome! said...

Tami, You look amazing! I am so impressed with you and Clark!! Sorry I missed your call the other day. I'll get back to you soon!!!

April Spicer said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog to see what that means. Love you girl! You look great!


Dinner with Tracey and Amber