Friday, October 12, 2007

Most Requested Blog Item

Okay friends - here's the fatty! I'm at 20 weeks and this picture was taken October 11th. All kinds of things are expanding. In fact, I'm not fitting into my maternity clothes anymore but that is not b/c of my belly - I'll let you figure that one out! Clark took a closer up picture below so you can see my "maternal glow" aka the flu that I have gotten this week from the flu shot - go figure! So if I look a bit peakish, that's why. I'm a little intimidated by my friends who are further along than me who are not nearly as large - I guess Baby B is gonna be a big boy or I'm gonna have A LOT of weight to lose next spring :)
We registered this week which was fun and a bit overwhelming. I cannot believe how much stuff you need to prepare for a baby. It's more than backpacking and I thought that was a lot of equipment! We've picked initials for the baby - CAB. Clark's initials, his dad's initials and his great grandfather's initials (I don't know what happened to his grandfather who's name is Don). Anyway, the middle name will probably be Hawaiian so this honky kid of mine will know his roots! And that is all the name info we've agreed to give out at this time. We are halfway there now and things are moving along more quickly. The first half felt like 5 years rather than 5 months because of all the sickness and pains. Things are a bit better now, praise the Lord! We are excited to meet this boy and see what in the world he looks like.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tracey Clem said...

FINALLY!!!!!!

TAM, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting pics, I think you look wonderful! Such a cute mama!

We are tackling the registry tomorrow, which should be overwhelming for sure. Funny, that fun baby chaos you have in the background...we have NOTHING. The amount of baby stuff that we currently have fits comfortably in one small shoulder bag, with room to spare. Poor Baby Clem is going to look like a derelict next to all the fun stuff Baby CAB has!

I hope you're feeling better and finally getting over the flu that the flu shot was supposed to KEEP you from getting!

My next dr.'s appointment is the one where I have to drink the glucose syrup and then have my blood drawn for the gestational diabetes test. I'll let you know how wretched it actually tastes. Blech.

Lots of love to all three of you! Thank you so much for posting the pictures...you look beautiful!

Love you, dear!
Trace

LTallon said...

You're SO cute!!! Thanks for posting some belly shots. Don't worry about being big at 20 weeks. I was pretty big and gained around 45 pounds for my 8 lb baby. (At around 38 weeks, I had a guy friend tell me he'd never seen anyone "so pregnant"!) It's amazing, but your body really does go back to (almost) the same afterwards. The second half of this pregnancy will probably go much quicker and be a lot more fun than the first. Can't wait to meet CAB! Love, Holly

Robert and Kelli said...

Tami, you look great! Congratulations to you and Clark!

Anonymous said...

You look sooooo great! Huggggs Tam! Yay, I'm glad to finally see some pics, you ARE glowing!

how fun to do the registry and i hope you are feeling better! Call me soon, i miss you! let me know when you guys are planning a trip to SD again

Love you!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Tami, you look awesome!!! You are a beautiful baby making machine. I really want to get together soon to chat about anything and everything. Please let me know how to get ahold of you-that is if you want to get toghether with a momma with two kids!!! God bless you!
Katie


Dinner with Tracey and Amber