Saturday, September 29, 2007

Most Embarrassing Moments

Okay, those of you who know me well know that I have had many embarrassing moments in my life. For someone who does not get embarrassed easily, these moments are undeniably mortifying. From the time in high school where I slipped on my butt getting off the bus right as I was saying hello to my crush to the time freshman year in college when the egg exploded on my face with a loud POP in the middle of the cafeteria, I have had some doozies. But yesterday I was humbled in a new way.

As I was driving home, I felt like keeping my window down. It was, after all, a beautiful breezy evening the likes of which we haven't seen for awhile. As I'm driving, the talented Carrie Underwood comes on my radio (Go Country 105.1 - great station fyi) and she is performing her new hit "So Small". Great song that you can really belt out. And that is what I did...loudly. At about this time, the stoplight turned red. I stopped my car but continued to sing along with Carrie. All of a sudden I hear this man saying, "Sounds good!" What?!?! He was in the car next to me and had apparently had the same window down idea. You know those moments when you feel like you are all alone and no one is watching but then you realize that someone IS indeed watching - and critiqueing?! That was me. He told me I was blushing, man leave me alone! And of course that was the longest red light I have ever stopped at.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Embarrassing as that is, I thought you were going to say that Carrie Underwood was in the next car over.

Tracey Clem said...

Girl, you sing to that radio, and you OWN it!!! That's awesome! Hey, at least he said you sounded good...he didn't ask you to stop, or even roll up his window! Come on, could have been worse! :)

Anonymous said...

that's awesome Tam! i can just see you belting it out and i agree with Tracey, at least he said you sounded good! : )
xoxo

Welcome! said...

That is awesome! And, really, I don't know of anyone else that would happen to! You somehow attract these moments! :) But, keep on beling it out...don't let one stranger stifle your passion! SING OUT, GIRL!

(PS. GO Country ROCKS!)


Dinner with Tracey and Amber